5 TIPS FOR CREATING A WINNING DESIGN
Creating a design that people connect with can be a really tricky thing to do. There is no guaranteed secret to success, after all, look at how different all of our previous winners have been. But we do have a few tips and tricks to help you get your design noticed.
1. Know the basics
At HUMIFORM we tend to change the theme of our competitions with each round so please make sure you are aware of what we are looking for.
We also set basic guidelines for a number of boring logistical reasons. You must follow these guidelines if you want your designs to be considered when it comes to shortlisting. Have another read through them below just in case.
- All designs must be done in black and white only. No greyscale.
- Hand drawn designs must be done in black texta/marker, preferably a Sharpie or something similar, on white A4 paper
- Designs must be apolitical, please do not refer to any specific political party or politician
- Please keep the language and the design clean, i.e. no profanities, no offensive language or drawings
- No logos should be included in the design
2. Powerful words
Words are powerful. The right words can make people happy, sad, angry, empowered or all of the above. Use them creatively to inspire the kind of change you want to see in the world. Words can take many different forms including poetry, stories and so much more. Think outside the box.
3. Make it witty
Sharing a message for change doesn’t have to be all doom and gloom all of the time. Designs that incorporate a bit of tongue and cheek have received really positive reactions from our community. People love it!
4. Keep it simple
Don’t try to do too much. We’ve found that the most simple designs are often crowd favourites.
5. Make it uniquely you
Use your voice and share your message for change. Make it unique to you and what you believe in. We love designs that stand out from the crowd and that reflect a new and interesting perspective.