DESIGN FOR CHANGE
Calling young people with a passion for changing the world!
HUMIFORM aims to amplify and unite the voices of young people around issues you care about. We create ethically made printed t-shirts that are designed and voted on by young people, for young people.
If you are under the age of 18, tell us what social and environmental issues matter to you and design artwork for a printed t-shirt you would wear proudly in your community. HUMIFORM is looking for strong, witty, beautiful designs, much like the ones we saw on the home made placards at the recent Schools Strike 4 Climate, that will persuade the adults with the power to sit up and pay attention. The election is coming up this year and it is more important than ever that young people send a strong message about the kind of change you want to see.
Winners will receive:
- The winning designs will be printed on limited edition t-shirts that will send a message to the world about the change young people want to see
- $250 prize money
- The power to help determine which organisation/s will receive a percentage of t-shirt sales
Once entries close, artwork will be shortlisted and then put to a public vote to determine which 3-6 designs are made into t-shirts. Democracy in action!
- Hand drawn designs must be done in black texta, preferably a Sharpie or something similar, on white A4 paper, scanned and submitted as pdf/jpg/jpeg/png files. Many schools are able to scan documents and Officeworks provides scanning services.
- Digital designs must be done in black and white only and submitted as 100-300dpi pdf/jpg/png files, no larger than 10MB.
- Designs must be apolitical, please do not refer to any specific political party or politician. At HUMIFORM we aim to send a message to ALL political parties and leaders to take action on issues that matter to you.
- Please keep the language and the design clean, i.e. no profanities, no offensive language or drawings.
- Make sure you read through the terms and conditions and submission guidelines below.
- All entrants must be under the age of 18 as of May 18, 2019.
Entries close 11pm, 22nd of February, 2019
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- JUDGING CRITERIA
- We are looking for creative, powerful designs that share an important message about the change you would like to see and that will look good on a t-shirt. This is an open design and can include text, artwork, illustrations or whatever your imagination and creativity can design. It will be judged on its appeal to the public, creativity and emotional impact. Judges will be looking for striking images that stand out and that people will want to wear.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By entering the competition, you hereby accept these competition terms and conditions:
- Each entrant may submit up to 3 (three) images but must fill out the entry form each time.
- Entries must be submitted by 11PM Friday 22nd February, 2019.
- Entries will be shortlisted by nominated judges and then decided by a public vote.
- The winning designs will be selected for sale on HUMIFORM t-shirts and entrant gives permission for the reproduction of their work(s) for this purpose.
- The image presented for judging must be 100% original.
- Each entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
- Each entry does not infringe upon copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or intellectual property rights of a third person or entity, or violate any person’s rights of privacy or publicity.
- You are the sole copyright owner and author of each entry.
- You agree to participate in related publicity for the purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity and for your name and image/s to be used indefinitely without additional compensation.
- Entries must comply with Submission Requirements outlined below.
- If your design contains the image of another person, please include the permission form signed by them (or by their parents if under 18) allowing HUMIFORM to publish their image.
- All participants must be under the age of 18 as of May 18, 2019.
- All participants must have parental/guardian permission to participate in the competition.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Artwork can be designed by hand or digitally but all submissions must be in jpeg/jpg/png/pdf format and must be no larger than 10MB.
- Hand Drawn Specifications:
All hand drawn entries must be done with a black texta, preferably a Sharpie or something similar, on white A4 paper and scanned and submitted as pdf/jpg/jpeg/png files.
- Digital Specifications:
All digital entries must be done in black and white lines and submitted as 100-150dpi pdf/jpg/png files.
Each electronic file must be labelled with your first and last name, and image title. Eg.JohnSmith_sunrise.jpg. Keep your own copy of your files, as they will not be returned after the competition.
- DESIGN USE AND RIGHTS
The winning designs will be selected for sale on HUMIFORM t-shirts. We reserve the right to make changes such as image size, ink or t-shirt colour to enhance their suitability for printing.
The entrant gives permission for the reproduction of their work(s) for promotional and advertising purposes.
The entrant gives permission for their designs and name to be published as selected award winners in media, exhibitions, events, newsletters, websites owned by or in alliance with HUMIFORM for promotional purposes.
Entrants retain copyright and all other rights to future use of their designs.
- FURTHER INFORMATION
For more information or any questions in relation to this competition, please contact:
Megan at email@example.com